Dec 10, 2011

Strictly Informational...

Joshua wrote the last blog and I realized after reading it that it makes more sense to have the captions at the bottom of the pictures instead of the top. I always do things in a quite contrary way, so I am going to flip it around and do it Joshua's way....
and probably most of the worlds way. 
Here you go...
Captions at the bottom.


So here is what a typical German Village looks like from the major street.
......
This is really hard for me....
I keep wanting to write it on top.
ok... Maybe this will help...HEADLINE/TITLE/BANNER..whatever you want to call it: PETER AND ANA'S HOUSE

The house that you see ABOVE is an old building that has been many things in the past and now is the home of Peter and Ana and their two lovely daughters. They have worked very hard to make the bottom floor and few rooms on the top floor into a bed and breakfast. 



The bed in the Rose room. I loved how she made the beds so much that Joshua and I make our bed like that now.


The ceiling. There are so many rooms and they all have a different theme. Let me know if you want to stay there and I will ask for the website. I can't seem to find it on Google.


Then you get a real German breakfast. 


This is Peter and Joshua and Koda's look alike. Josh and I spent the day working. Josh chopped wood and I helped clean the rooms.


Josh being the jokester he is, decided he would try to make me laugh by grabbing a bunch of cigarettes and pretend he was buying them. He got them from behind the little glass/metal wall you see on the left. As soon as he put them on the conveyer belt. The wall lifted up and closed off the cigarettes so we couldn't put them back. So we had to explain to this poor old lady who knew no English that we were just joking about buying them. Everyone in line was laughing at us. It was the ultimate game of Charades.


This is strictly informational so now you know for SURE that there is a hardcore Hello Kitty fan in Brandis, Germany.


Walking home from Andres house.


Our house has a 22 in the window because we are going to open it on the 22nd of December for the living advent calendar. We have to figure out something cool to do for the people who come to see us open the window. 



Incase you really wanted to know, these are examples of our dinner


This is what our bed looks like 4 days out of the week! The other three, well....


Josh standing next to all the wood he and Manfred chopped for Manfred's garden house. Most Germans have a garden and a garden house! 


He invited us over for games. Tee and Kaffee. Then we realized that we needed to rush to the next window being opened at the 17th hour. 


We got there too late. Everyone was eating food already and told us we missed a really good little skit. 



I just put this picture on here because it was cute. These kids were at the mall baking Christmas cookies. And because it reminded me of my Sister-in-Law Jenna because of the little boy she babysits apparently owns a huge bakery in Germany. I hope I didn't blow his big secret. 


Oh and if you want a pet chipmunk you can get one at the mall. 

1 comment:

  1. Uh, I think that last picture is a chipmunk. Lol. I only know this because I live in Ohio. *sigh*

    I miss German breakfasts so much! And you, Faith!

    PS: I love reading your blog about all your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete