Dec 19, 2011

Prague is Beautiful

This IS the most beautiful city in the world. Joshua and I decided that when we were there. We wish that we could take everyone in our family there, but we have pictures to show you all just how unbelievably beautiful it is. 





This is the church where the real Saint Nicolas is buried. See mom and dad...."DEAD SANTA!!!" 














Joshua and I stopped at this little coffee shop which had one amazing view from the window. 




As we were walking down the hill from the Castle, we saw a really beautiful little park and decided to walk around in it. Joshua walked in front of me while I trailed along focused on the beauty around me. I had the camera around my neck and the thing that made me realize this was that my feet suddenly slipped to the right and straight down the hill. The camera slammed on the ground and then the whole left side of my body felt the ground of Prague.  It was such a hilarious situation. The camera was fine and Josh said he knew it was going to happen before it actually did. He turned around and helped me up.  This was a week ago and I still have a bump on my hip.  










Some places in Prague look like Venice Italy so many movies use Prague for Venice instead because it is so much cheaper to use. XXX, Mission Impossible and Bourne Identity are some of the movies made in this very canal. 

On the Charles Bridge






We were hungry and we wanted to find a place to eat so we were on the lookout when we came across the HardRock Cafe. We both got really excited because it totally reminded us of my dad. We had some AMAZING food there.


That was the best macaroni and cheese I had ever had.




The astronomical clock that changes every hour.





The good view of the square was kind of taken over by the Christmas Markets but the pictures still came out good. We stood in line for some Nutella Crepes and there was an extravagantly dressed older lady in front of us. She told us she was from England (so of course she even had the accent to make her even cuter.) She told us that we were the most gorgeous couple she had ever seen and she kept hugging us and saying she was so happy to meet us. The Crepes were so good that we bought another one after we were done. 



We took this picture because it reminded us of Mikayla 










This is the boat that we rode in. 




Waiting for the taxi boat to take us across the river where we could get on the boat you saw a picture of above. 



There is the little taxi boat. We were all stoked because it was just the two of us for a good 7 mins and we thought we were going to get a private boat ride to the bigger boat. Then a bus load of people came running down the stairs and crowed us in.


We managed to get this picture of just the two of us right before the chaos. 










3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job of capturing the beauty of our capital city..! I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love loveeeee Prague. Isn't it gorgeous. And they have the BEST sushi ever in the mall there! Better than in Japan ;)
    I really like it, Mat and I went there with a group for our 1 year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dead Santa pic was my fave. Keep it up. I'm still living vicariously through you guys as I always check your blog while sitting in my cubicle at work. Haha.

    ReplyDelete